July 31, 2017
New Edit– Reject Duplicate Diagnosis Codes
The following edit will be implemented for the payers listed beginning 10/1/2017
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas (47163)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City (47171)
- HealthNow New York (55204)
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York (00301 or 00801)
- BlueShield of Northeastern New York (00800)
- EDI Midwest
PURPOSE: An EDI front end edit for Institutional, Professional and Dental claims will be implemented to reject claims whenever a secondary diagnosis is coded the same as the principal diagnosis.
This edit is currently issued as a warning, but will become a rejection on 10/1/17.